Tracking the GPS location of your partner doesn’t have to be hard — all it takes is installing a decent cell phone tracker on the smartphone you want to monitor. So, what are the best phone tracking apps in 2022? That we’ll find out today.
For instance, this guide will take you through the 6 best cell tracking apps. With in-depth reviews and straightforward pros & cons of each, you can easily determine what’s the most suitable option for your needs.
|App||Link||Free Trial||Pricing (with the annual term)|
|SpyBubble Pro||Learn More||Yes||$8.42/mo|
That being said, let’s get into it.
Best Cell Phone Tracker App at a Glance: uMobix
- Hidden tracking
- 30+ social media apps supported
- Easy to use
- Free demo
- Lacks geo fencing
- Some features require jailbreak or rooting
uMobix is one of the most competitive cell phone tracking apps on the market. It’s fairly young but offers excellent price value with a range of phone tracking features.
One of the best features of uMobix is silent phone tracking. Speaking of Android, you get the option to hide the app’s icon on the target device after its installation.
When it comes to iPhone (iOS) devices, the installation is remote. So, you can track your partner’s phone without them knowing.
uMobix’s key features include extensive social media tracking. Unlike apps that are limited to tracking only a few social media apps, uMobix is compatible with 30+ social media apps. Luckily, these also include dating apps.
The app boasts easy 3-step installation.
- Sign up at uMobix and pick a subscription.
- Install the app on the target device.
- Configure the app and start monitoring!
Here are the main features of uMobix:
- Spy on a range of social media apps on your partner’s phone including Instagram, Facebook, Tinder, TikTok, and Snapchat.
- Track multimedia on the target phone.
- Look into your partner’s call logs & messages with contact details.
- Access the contact list of your spouse to ensure they’re not stabbing you in the back.
- Track all the keystrokes on your partner’s smartphone.
uMobix supports iOS and Android devices. Luckily, it doesn’t require jailbreaking or rooting for iPhone and Android devices respectively. However, some advanced features may be limited to jailbreaking or rooting depending upon the platform.
Furthermore, as mentioned, you can remotely install uMobix on iOS devices. Whereas, installation on Android is only possible physically.
Below is uMobix’s pricing for Android devices:
- Basic Plan — 1 month — $29.99/mo.
- Full Plan — 1 month — $59.99/mo.
- Full Plan — 3 months — $33.33/mo.
- Full Plan — 12 months — $14.99/mo.
Below is uMobix’s pricing for iOS devices:
- Basic Plan — $29.99/mo — 1 month.
- Full Plan — $49.99/mo — 1 month.
- Full Plan — $12.49/mo — 12 months.
uMobix — Final Verdict
What makes uMobix the best cell phone tracker to date is its competitive spying features like keylogging. Though it doesn’t offer a free trial, users have found uMobix to be quite a trustable option to go for.
Best Free Cell Phone Tracking App: mSpy
- 7-day free trial
- Competitive pricing
- Limited iOS features without jailbreaking
- Discounts come with long-term plans only
mSpy is doubtlessly the best free cell phone tracker you can find.
It offers a 7-day free trial which our review experts have found to be legit. So, you can sign up for this trial and track your partner’s cell phone for free for a week. Later on, if you like what mSpy offers, you could upgrade to their premium plans.
Other than the free trial, mSpy also features a free demo on their website that anyone can access without signing up. It gives you a quick overview of what spying with mSpy feels like.
Leading mSpy to this list of best phone tracking apps is their list of effective cell tracking features and trustworthiness. The app claims to offer over 36 tracking features in total. However, some of them are exclusive to iOS or Android devices.
Furthermore, mSpy is a popular cell tracker with over 1.5 million users around the world.
The installation steps of mSpy are quick & easy, especially for iPhone devices:
- Create a free mSpy account and sign up for the free trial.
- Install the app on your partner’s phone.
- Start tracking the smartphone!
Here are the core cell phone tracking features of mSpy:
- Set specific location zones and get notified as your partner breaches them.
- Get access control and block/unblock websites on the target phone.
- Track the photos, videos, and other multimedia files on your partner’s phone.
- Monitor a range of social media apps, including Instagram, Tinder, Snapchat, Viber, WhatsApp, and Messenger.
- Track the key logs of your partner, including their texts, passwords, and browser history.
mSpy offers versatile compatibility. It supports Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows. However, note that we don’t recommend it for macOS or Windows tracking due to the support for limited versions only.
Speaking of iOS and Android, neither jailbreak nor rooting is required, respectively. Furthermore, mSpy supports all Android devices from different manufacturers.
Below is mSpy’s pricing for Android tracking:
- 1 month — $48.99/mo.
- 3 months — $27.99/mo.
- 12 months— $11.66/mo.
Below is mSpy’s pricing for iOS tracking:
- 1-month — $69.99/mo.
- 3 months — $39.99/mo.
- 12 months — $16.99/mo.
mSpy — Final Verdict
If you’re looking for a free cell phone tracking app that offers a free trial, mSpy is your best bet. Its 7-day free trial is the perfect way to evaluate the app and see if it’s a fit.
Best Mobile Phone Tracker for Access Control: SpyBubble Pro
- 14-day money-back guarantee
- Ambient sound recording
- Supports all Android and iPhone devices
- Camera control
- Lacks a free trial
SpyBubble is among the top phone tracking apps. It’s our top pick for control over the target device.
So, if having the ability to block out certain features or programs on your partner’s smartphone or to use their camera or microphone is something you’re concerned about, SpyBubble is worth consideration.
The app offers plenty of effective cell phone tracking features and boasts easy installation for Android and iOS phones.
Here are the best SpyBubble features for cell phone tracking:
- Track your partner’s real-time location with a convenient map overview.
- Monitor the dating activities of your partner.
- Take scheduled camera shots from your partner’s smartphone to keep an eye on their surroundings.
- Stream their device’s microphone audio to listen to their surrounding sounds.
SpyBubble supports iOS and Android devices. You can use its quick search bar to ensure it supports your partner’s smartphone by putting in its model. Furthermore, some features may be limited to either iOS or Android.
Here are the details of SpyBubble’s Android plans:
- Basic Plan —1 month — $25.49/mo.
- Full Plan — 1 month — $50.99/mo.
- Full Plan — 3 months — $28.33/mo.
- Full Plan — 12 months — $12.74/mo.
Below are SpyBubble’s prices for iOS:
SpyBubble has Basic and Full plans for iOS monitoring:
- Basic Plan — $25.49/mo — 1 month.
- Full Plan — $42.49/mo — 1 month.
- Full Plan — $22.66/mo — 3 months.
- Full Plan — $10.62/mo — 12 months.
SpyBubble — Final Verdict
If you’re into tracking your partner’s cell phone device with control over their camera & microphone, SpyBubble is your best bet. Other than that, the features like a 14-day refund guarantee make it an excellent cell phone tracking app.
Best GPS Tracking App for Android: Hoverwatch
- Specialized for Android tracking
- Camera access
- Call recordings
- Free trial (no credit card required)
- No money-back guarantee
- Some features may require rooting
- Doesn’t support iOS
Hoverwatch is yet another competitive option for phone tracking apps. It comes with a decent GPS tracker that made us recommend it, especially for location tracking.
The app holds over 1 million users worldwide — most of which use it to catch their cheating partners. Other than that, it has had over 12 million installations to date.
The decent UI is one of the highlights of Hoverwatch. It helps you conveniently monitor your partner’s cell phone activities.
Other than that, Hoverwatch offers a free trial that anyone can sign up for, without a credit card required. However, it misses out on a money-back guarantee that allows you to be fearless during the purchase.
Below are some great Android cell tracking features of Hoverwatch:
- Listen to call recordings on your partner’s phone to ensure they’re not cheating on you.
- Capture screenshots on the target phone anytime and get proof of who they’re chatting with or such.
- Take camera shots with camera access to see what’s happening all around.
- Look into the social media activities of your spouse.
Hoverwatch supports Android, macOS, and Windows. So, for smartphone tracking, you can only use Hoverwatch to track an Android phone.
Where most Hoverwatch features don’t require rooting, some advanced ones do.
Here are Hoverwatch’s prices for Android:
- Personal Plan — $24.95/mo — 1 month.
- Personal Plan — $8.33 — 12 months.
- Professional Plan — $3.33/mo/device — 12 months.
- Business Plan — $1.67/mo/device — 12 months.
Hoverwatch — Final Verdict
Hoverwatch is one of the best GPS tracking apps around. We recommend it for Android location tracking. It also offers a free trial that you can use without inputting credit card details.
Best Cell Phone Tracker for Money-Back Guarantee: Cocospy
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- Private browsing history tracking
- Free demo
- Social media monitoring
- Sharp pricing
Though not as great as mSpy, Cocospy is a competitive phone tracking app. One of the main highlights of Cocospy is its prolonged money-back guarantee which lasts for over 2 months. So, you can get over 2 months of free phone tracking.
Cocospy has been around for quite a while and serves over 1 million customers around the world. One of the main downsides of Cocospy is its not-so-competitive pricing. However, the advanced features Cocospy offers make it a good value for your money.
The best part about Cocospy is that the app is optimized for your safety. For instance, it’s not mentioned in your bank statement. Other than that, the provider promises not to keep records of your data.
Below are the main phone tracking features of Cocospy:
- Spy on your partner’s social media apps, including Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, Snapchat, and Viber.
- Monitor your partner’s browsing history.
- Set specific location zones and get notified if your partner gets across.
Cocospy supports Android and iOS smartphones. It doesn’t require jailbreaking or rooting for starters, for iOS and Android, respectively. Anyway, some advanced features require these, like Geo-fencing.
Below are the prices of Cocospy’s Android plans:
- Basic Plan — $8.33/mo — 12 months.
- Premium Plan — $9.99/mo — 12 months.
- Family Plan — $16.66/mo — 12 months.
Below are the prices of Cocospy’s iOS plans:
- Premium Plan — $10.83/mo — 12 months — 1 device.
- Family Plan — $33.33 — 12 months — 5 devices.
- Business Plan— $83.33 — 12 months — 25 devices.
Cocospy — Final Verdict
Cocospy is an effective cell tracking app that makes it easy to spy on your spouse’s smartphone and ensure they don’t cheat on you. Though some of its features come with limitations of jailbreak or rooting requirements, it’s still a legit cell tracker to look into.
Best Cell Tracker for Platform Support: Flexispy
- Supports all main platforms
- Advanced cell tracking features
- Phone call listening
- Microphone access
- Installation service is paid
- UI should be improved
Flexispy is your best call if you’re willing to monitor different devices that come with different platforms. To back up, the app supports versatile operating systems.
Apart from that, Flexispy is equipped with plenty of great cell tracking features like ambient sound recording and phone call listening. Our review experts have found Flexispy’s tracking features to be effective.
On the other side of the table, Flexispy also brings some downsides like tempting installation.
Unless you’re a tech-savvy user, Flexispy’s installation can be tricky for you. They offer a remote installation service as a solution, but it costs $49.99 which not everyone is comfortable with.
The top features of Flexispy are as follows:
- Set certain alerts and get notified as such an event occurs.
- Track your partner’s phone calls as well as listen to them.
- Listen to the ambient sound of your partner’s phone.
The Flexispy app supports the following devices:
- Android phones from OS version 4 to 12.
- iPads from iOS 6.0 – 14.x.
- iPhone devices (supports most iPhones).
- Windows, from 7 to 10.
- macOS, from Mavericks to Big Sur.
Below are the prices of Flexispy’s Android plans:
- Lite Plan — $29.95 — 1 month.
- Premium Plan — $99 — 3 months.
- Extreme plan — $349 — 12 months.
Below are the prices of Flexispy’s iOS plans:
- Lite plan — $29.95/mo — 1 month.
- Premium package — $68/mo — 1 month.
- Extreme plan — $199/mo — 3 months.
Flexispy — Final Verdict
Though Flexispy misses out on convenient installation, its advanced cell phone tracking features are worth it. They make Flexispy a great choice for people looking forward to advanced cell tracking. Furthermore, the platform support of Flexispy is excellent.
What is a Phone Tracker App?
A phone tracker app is designed to track the GPS location of your smartphone. You can also use it to determine the real-time location of your family or partner. Most phone tracking apps also offer other cell tracking features like monitoring key logs, call logs, SMS texts, and so on.
How to Track your Phone for Free?
To track your cell phone for free, install a cell phone tracker like uMobix. Firstly, sign up at mSpy and avail of the free trial. Then, complete the installation on your smartphone and that’s it — you can now track it from mSpy’s dashboard for free.
Which are the Best Apps for Phone Tracking?
Below are the 6 top apps for phone tracking ranked by our review experts:
- SpyBubble Pro
- The best cell phone tracker overall is definitely uMobix.
- uMobix supports multiple smartphone platforms and offers a wide range of cell tracking features alongside GPS location tracking and geofencing.
- The best free cell phone tracking app is mSpy.
- mSpy also features an extensive list of cell tracking features and offers a 7-day free trial that you can avail of to see if mSpy is a fit.